Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Shrimp Linguine in Tomato Cream Sauce

I feel so fancy when I get to eat shrimp. Growing up we didn't have shrimp too often, mostly on New Years Eve and maybe a few other holidays here and there. So when I get a chance to get shrimp, I take it and I feel fancy!

Looking through the pantry the other night I had all the ingredients for some tasty pasta, I just didn't have a meat selected. Immediately I jumped on the chance to have shrimp! I ran to the store and started brainstorming ideas on how to create this pasta. I hope you find this recipe as tasty as I did! Enjoy!


  • 4 oz Linguine (cooked)
  • 1 tsp Olive Oil
  • 1 14.5 oz can Diced Tomatoes
  • 3/4 cup and 2 Tbsp White Wine (I used Chardonnay)
  • 2 Tbsp Garlic (minced)
  • 2 Tbsp Butter
  • 30-40 Large Shrimp (peeled and uncooked)
  • 2 Tbsp Cream Cheese
  • 1 cup Spinach (raw)
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (shredded)

Step 1: In a medium sauce pan, heat up 1 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Once warm, add the diced tomatoes and 1/4 cup white wine. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes and then add 1 Tbsp garlic and turn off heat. Set aside.

Step 2: In another saucepan, melt 2 Tbsp of butter over medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted, add in the shrimp and 1 Tbsp of garlic and cook until the shrimp becomes a nice reddish pink color. Set aside.

Step 3: In another saucepan, add 2 Tbsp White Wine and the spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted and then add to the saucepan with the tomato pan. In the same pan you cooked the spinach in, add 2 Tbsp cream cheese and 1/2 cup white wine and bring to a slow simmer. Add in 1/2 cup Parmesan and stir until most of the cheese has been melted. Add this mixture to the same pan that now has both the tomatoes and the spinach. On a plate, dish out one serving of pasta and cover with a nice amount of the tomato mixture. Throw a few shrimp on top, and voila! Enjoy!


Note: Serve with a wedge of lemon, a spoonful of pesto, and some extra Parmesan cheese.

Yield: Serves 2-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment