Monday, April 8, 2013

Cheddar Bacon and Jalapeno Deviled Eggs

Yes it's egg season! 

Now I love a lot of things: puppies, grilled cheese, garlic, bread... I can go on and on! However I can't forget eggs as they are definitely on my list of things I love. Hard boiled, soft boiled, poached, sunny side up, scrambles; if you can cook an egg I will most likely eat it.

That being said, for my first party of the Spring time I decided to bring with me two different types of deviled eggs. I have been seeing a new trend online with bacon-jalapeno everything, so I decided to apply this trend to my deviled eggs. I also made some Greek Deviled Eggs, but I will post that recipe up tomorrow. Enjoy!


  • 12 Eggs
  • 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
  • 6 strips Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
  • 1/4 cup Shredded Cheddar
  • 2 Jalapenos (diced)
  • 2 tsp Cayenne Powder
  • 1 Ziploc Bag

Step 1: Place all the eggs in a pot big enough to hold all of the eggs. Cover eggs with cold water and cook the eggs uncovered until the water boils. Once the water starts boiling, turn off the stove and cover the pot. Let stand for 15 minutes.

Step 2: After the 15 minutes pass, place all of the eggs into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process. Place bowl in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour to completely cool. Once cooled, peel all of the eggs.

Step 3: Slice each of the eggs in half and place the yolks in a bowl, set the whites aside. Mash the egg yolks. In another bowl, combine the bacon (set aside a tiny bit of bacon to top the eggs with), jalapenos, 1 tsp cayenne, and the mayonnaise. Add the mashed egg yolks on top and mix together.

Step 4: Place the yolk mixture in a Ziploc bag and cut off the corner. Place the egg white hole-side up and using the Ziploc, squeeze the yolk mixture into the holes of the eggs.

Step 5: Once all the eggs have been filled, sprinkle the rest of the bacon, cheddar cheese, and cayenne powder over the tops of the eggs. Enjoy!


Note: If you have any leftover yolk mixture, save it and make an egg sandwich with it later, or cut open an avocado and place the egg mixture in the spot where the seed is and enjoy!


Yield: 1 dozen eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment